Update, July 2014
RJRD ( Richfield Joint Recreation District) beginning work on Crowell Hilaka
The RJRD is in the driver’s seat to get Crowell Hilaka protected and managed for public access. If successful, Crowell Hilaka will be owned by the citizens of Richfield- both Township and Village- starting next year. As you read this, members of the RJRD board are being appointed. Once the board is formed, they will be working to meet required deadlines for the November ballot.
Thank you to EVERYONE who went door-to-door, or donated toward the brochure and mailer campaigns, or helped at an event! Friends of Crowell Hilaka was very influential in helping to build support for the RJRD. We hope to keep providing education, support, and the means for those living outside Richfield to contribute to preserving this beautiful heritage site for everyone to enjoy.
Got it done!
- FoCH by-laws have been revised to reflect our support of public access.
- FoCH website www.friendsofcrowellhilaka.org updated to show our support of RJRD.
- FoCH brochures distributed, revised, and available for more distribution
- FoCH tables at Richfield Community Garage Sale and at Richfield Food Truck Rodeo
- FoCH pledge drive to buy the property is on hold. If RJRD delegates any responsibility to FoCH, those who have already pledged will be given the opportunity to maintain their pledge under new terms. Donations to support the promotion campaign are still welcomed and are tax deductible. http://www.friendsofcrowellhilaka.org/pledgedonate.html
- Richfield Community Day - Sunday, August 10. FoCH has applied to sponsor an ice block sledding activity. Besides being fun and unusual, it gives us an excuse to highlight Kirby history
- Friends & Fund Raising Event. October 11 at Farm Flanagan. The Planning team has room for creative individuals.
- Open House at Crowell Hilaka. Western Reserve Land Conservancy says it is very likely they can arrange at least one open house this fall. Date TBA
- $$$$$ Decisions to be made. With all of the upcoming opportunities to promote Crowell Hilaka, the FoCH board has some decisions to make at our meeting this Tuesday, July 8; at RHS Museum. Meeting time: 7pm. Besides the upfront cost of various events and literature, we need to consider ads & promotional items ( such as T-shirts & yard signs). Everyone welcome. The more input we have into these decisions, the better.
Hope to see you on Tuesday,