Thank you to everyone who was able to join us last week for our meeting. Please review the minutes and add/change as necessary:
Present: Pat Boczar, Lucy Hanigosky, Cookie Krizmanich, Lynn Richardson, Rob Richardson, Corey Ringle, Donna Spiegler, Barb Starr, and Judi Zivic
General Comments and Questions:
- Judy shared her involvement with the Cleveland Restoration Society and how they work with built environments to preserve historical buildings.
- Discussed name. It has been suggested before that Crowell Hilaka is difficult to pronounce and spell. Would we consider changing the name, but we already have "brand recognition" with girl scout alumni as well as the village and city who drive pass the signs every day. Decided to refine google search engine so visitors can search us by Kirby, Richfield, etc. Let's start a discussion for the key words.
- Like "Preserve" over "Save". Makes us sounds less desparate.
- Like "Ohio's" over "Richfield's". Reaches out to a larger audience and we can always print brochures just for Richfield if we want to reach out to a target audience.
- Lots of discussion on hidden. We had a few other suggestions. Endangered seemed popular too. Do we want to have a poll?
- Treasure liked by all. Making the slogan "Preserve Ohio's hidden treasure"
- Save money and keep it single sided.
- Vertical Card with white ariel font in black strip to reach Crowell Hilaka Preserve Ohio's hidden treasure
- Only the website, no facebook
- Email: do we use donate or contactus @friendsofcrowellhilaka.org?
- Use the "office" phone aka Donna's land line with FoCH voicemail.
- Use the Richfield Historical Society address
- Add membership / mailing flap (thanks Judi for sending a great template)
- Change font to Ariel (keep 12pt)
- Change green to black with white letters, no all caps, photoshop mill wheel.
- Reduce pictures and simply to 4 main topics.
- Middle fold to have map, revised logo
- Map to add location names
- Group discussion said to reduce photos, later discussion with Mike Wheeler said to keep them.
- Please see attached back. I'm still working on the map side. Should be sending out soon.
- Pat suggested "hidden" have an advent calendar like promotional board. Big map with fold up flaps revealing what's underneath.
- EarthFest 2014 (Sunday, April 13th from 8:30m-5:00pm at the Cuyahoga County fairgrounds). Please e-mail Beth Sanderson for more information.
- Jenny, please post time and date of the Buzzard Day.
- Judi and Cookie worked on a time line for us.
- Suggested Committees from the January 14th Meeting Minutes:
Business Plan – Corey Ringle and Jenny Austin. Would like to bring in Mike Wheeler, Lori Spencer, and Meg Slifcaf. If you are interested, please let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Membership (dues and contacting) – Donna Spiegler (organizing database and dues collection) and Beth Sanderson (phoning non-computer members and researching membership incentives). If you are interested, please contact Donna (email@example.com)
Marketing – Barb Starr for pricing and ideas. Sarah Spiegler is monitoring our facebook. Barb, please let us know if you are interested in the position.
Website – Rob Richardson. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Political (Levy and Bond) – Lynn, Corey, Lucy, Jenny (2-person rotation) If you are interested in attending town hall meetings or pulling the community into FoCH, please e-mail the group. I'm available tomorrow, Lucy, will you be interested in joining me?
Recreation – Corey Ringle. I'm going to reach out to Ruth Josek.
Education Liaison – Kelly Clark and Ruth Aveson.
Historian / Research – Lynn Richardson.
Fundraising – Lucy Hanigosky (Lucy would head community outreach and fundraising. If interested in spear heading an event, you would be in charge, but report to Lucy as you progress, just in case, god forbid, something would to come up. That way we have two deep leadership. There were a lot of great suggestions for fundraisers, would the following folks be interested in spear heading some of the events we noted below?)
Mardi Gras: Cookie
S’more Enchante Evening: ?
Plant Sale: Beth Sanderson
Richfield Garage Sale: (June) Lucy Hanigosky
Community Outreach –
Buzzard Day: Jenny Austin
Richfield Community Days: (August)
Sunday Funday: (June) Corey Ringle and ??
Please let me know if I left anything out. Look forward to hearing from everyone as we continue to develop the logo, slogan, cards, and brochures. And as always, thank you everyone for all your hard work!
Respectfully submitted, Corey.
Leave a Reply.